Shopping for shoes can often be a tricky thing to do. Finding the right place to buy them is one of the first things to consider. Getting the shoes online would be convenient, but being able to try the shoes on is a must if you want to ensure that they fit properly. Make sure to measure your foot. Depending on where you are, you can usually find a sales associate to help you with this. Your shoe size can vary for a number of reasons. As the day wears on our feet typically swell a bit. And, as we age, our feet may expand. Also, a shoe size that one brand sells may be different from the exact same size offered by another. Once you have the shoes on, walk around the store a little bit. If they aren’t comfortable, it would be better to just find another pair. If you’re wondering why your feet hurt, it could be that you’re wearing the wrong size shoes.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of our podiatrists from Desert Foot and Ankle, PC.. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Mesa and Phoenix, AZ. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.